CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

And He speaks

As my mom was getting ready for church this morning, she could not find anything to wear. God never said His number one concern was what we wore to church, but she wanted to be comfortable yet dressed as well. So she slips on a soft dress and jumps in the van assuming there is either a handkerchief or a paper towel in there for her dress. Yes, I know, it is odd, but that's my mom for you. The paper towel was going to be an "undershirt" to cover up her low cut dress. My mother is one who rushes and does things last minute and puts her make up on while dad is driving to church. She says she works better under pressure (and now I know where I get it from.) So as she finishes applying her make up she searches the van for the paper towels or a hankie... and they are no where to be found. So she starts hearing these voices in her head telling her she should just not go, even though they are only minutes away. And she debates with herself.

She talks to God. "God, I know it doesn't matter what I'm wearing on my shirt or whether or not these imperfections on my arm are showing. I'm going to go. I won't let what other people think bother me. I'm going to go. Even if you have the church pick us to take the offering to the altar, I'm going to go. I'm going to go."

Although my parents have been going to their church for a while now, they have never been chosen to deliver the offering to the altar. Today, they were picked. My mom knew it was God speaking to her. Despite of what she was wearing, she had to humble herself and walk down the altar in her silly little dress for the entire church to see. And bow...

We laughed. Our God is a humurous God... but He definitely speaks to us. It's amazing. My mom was so happy. Even though the situation may have been awkward and embarrassing for her, she was just so excited about hearing from God.

Thank you Heavenly Father...

No comments: