CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Never walk alone

Yesterday, while Diamond was in ballet practice, I decided I would take a walk at the park and kill time. I was sure I could get in a couple miles while I waited. So I did. I usually go there with friends, but today, I decided to walk alone. It was still sunny out, but it was starting to get dark, but not dark enough for me to be scared...

I know, this is off topic, but I'm also not easily offended. I can take a lot of jokes. I guess if I can dish them out, I should be able to take them too. I've been asked several questions about what nationality I am. After speaking Spanish on and on to me, I've been told by a customer I need to learn how to speak Spanish and even though I'm not Hispanic, it should be a language I need to know how to speak. I've also been asked if I was a Malaysian missionary while eating at Wendy's. I've also been served Polynesian sauce at Chick-fil-a, even though I asked for honey mustard. ;) It doesn't bother me though.

So back to the park story... Yesterday, as I walked my fourth lap around Unidad, I see a car sitting in the parking lot with two boys in it. Then as I'm walking away, I hear in their best Chinese accent, "Me love you long time. Want free sample?" again and again and again. Should I turn around? I chose not to just in case they were bigger than me (which at my height, it doesn't take much.) I walked my last lap and left the park... It was getting dark anyway.

3 comments:

Meems said...

Oh my goodness!

mari said...

Uh, wow. That's disgusting.

Josiah said...

okay..so in my defense...i totally thought you asked for it....i wouldnt have given it to you if you didnt ask for it....sad day!!!