CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

On our own...

Today marks the first day without my parents. For all the years of my life, they have been there - just a knock away. My dad was offered a job in New Mexico right before spring break. He packed up some of his stuff and got a place there and now since summer is here, mom has joined him. When they got in their car, I wasn't really sad... it was when I saw their vehicle driving away and we were following behind them that it hit me that we were not going to be living in the same town anymore.

But on the positive side, we can talk to them on the webcam whenever we want and they will be back in 2 weeks to make sure we haven't burned their house down. (Not doing so well with that. I just burned a piece of salmon as I was blogging - I think this is what they might call "blackened salmon.")

No comments: