CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Special Day...

Today was a special day for Dime and I. Although both of us were baptized as babies, today we wanted to be baptized by our awesome Pastor. I am so proud of Dime. It was actually her idea and we talked about it for some time before I even decided to talk to Pastor about it. The idea of "going to a different church" is already somewhat a touchy subject at home and I knew this would not make it any better. But I went with that little voice in my head shouting "Do it! Do it! Do it!" and decided to do it anyway. Dime was so excited about sharing her love for the Lord with the world and I was excited to be right there with her.

These past couple of months, I have fallen in love with Jesus all over again. There has been this little wall, maybe a fence, built up between me and my relationship with God that I have finally broken down. This growing time has absolutely been an amazing time in my life. I truly believe that people come into your life for a reason, even if they don't realize what their purpose may be for being there. And this is exactly what has happened. Though it may have hurt at first, something great came out of it. And the even more wonderful thing is that God loves us no matter what and is always willing to take us as we are and I thank Him for that.

Thank you Dear Lord for everything You've done in our lives. You are an awesome God. Help us to continue to live our lives for Your glory. Let Your love shine through us. We love You.

2 comments:

rhondamarie said...

God will bless your obedience. y'all looked so cute together in the baptismal

Meems said...

It is such a special time getting baptized. I am so proud of both of you.

I am with you that God puts people in our lives for a reason. Iron sharpens iron. You have such a sweet heart about you.

I am glad you were able to break down the wall and break into the blessings God has for your life.