CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas traditions

This is for you no_iffer. It was such a great idea. It's always so nice to read what other traditions families share. Here are ours:

  • We always take out the tree for decorating the day or weekend after Thanksgiving. This is what I look forward to after eating all that turkey and dressing.
  • Dime and I always shop together for a toy to donate for Toys for Tots. We also usually also make a donation of old toys to the Salvation Army sometime during this time.
  • Since I've moved to San Angelo, every year I have volunteered to work the Christmas Lights. I love doing this. If you ever get a chance to volunteer for this, you will have a blast. So if you decide to do your tour this year on December 28, we will be there to greet you at the entrance.
  • We prepare our Christmas meal on Christmas Eve as a faimily, which we call Noche Buena, and usually eat at about 11 at night. Everyone usually tries to make something. That's a lot of people in the kitchen all at one time.
  • Dime and I usually get matching pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve to wear while we take our Christmas video. One we always plan to send, but somehow it never makes it out.
  • Then at we continue to stay up until midnight to open presents. This gives us Christmas Day to play with all of the new presents. Dime usually gets a game every year so this is our time to test it to make sure it's fun.
  • Everyone gets at least one gag gift. It's something to just make us all laugh. Please don't judge me, but a couple (yes only a couple) of years ago, my mom wrapped up some pads for me. She wrote a little note saying "Here my loving daughter. Maybe you will start buying your own this year." Ha ha ha... Not so funny.
  • And ever since I can remember, we have always gone to watch a Christmas or good family movie on Christmas Day.

Gosh what a long list...

2 comments:

Meems said...

I absolutly love the P.J idea. Where do you go to get matching pajamas?

Your Christmas sounds like loads of fun. Love it.

gulp235 said...

I usually always get them from JCPenney. A benefit of being short-I'm short enough to fit the largest kid size.