CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My future business major

Yesterday, Diamond came up with this great idea of wanting to start her own business. Not 5 or 10 years from now, but today! So she disappeared into her room and later came out with an atache case filled with stuff.

"Mom, I'm going to start a massage business."

She opens up her case and in it is the following (and these are her words):

  • Blanket - to lay on during massages
  • Lotion - to make your back nice and smooth
  • Signs with hours of operations... including holiday hours (She is open from 11 am to 11 pm on regular schedule)
  • A light in case there is no power
  • Appointment book (she had her first client today at 6...and it wasn't me)
  • And prayer beads to pray for good business (she prayed right before giving her first massage)
And here is the best part... She was charging 25 cents for a 5 minute massage and $1 for a 10 minute one. After consulting with her financial advisor, which would be mommy, she changed her prices to $0.50 for 5 minutes and still $1.00 for 10 but now she said she is also accepting tips. We also decided that she may need a timer so she knows exactly how much time passes by. And now she's talking about wanting to charge sales tax!!!

Where do these kids get these ideas from?! Her mind just amazes me sometimes.

5 comments:

kj said...

that might be the cutest thing i've ever heard. you may be able to retire early!

Rebekah Collette said...

oh my gosh I love her...tell her shes on to something

La said...

Man, I'm really sad I moved away now! I would be booking her for sure! =)

Bethany Hernandez said...

that is hilarious! my dad wanted to book an appt. on saturday for 10 in the morning, then realized she wouldn't be open until 11! i love that girl-she is so precious!

beautiful chaos said...

She is a very special person!
I just love that girl!