CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sneaky Stinker

My dog, Ruby, is not allowed on any furniture. She is an inside dog, but she very well knows she is not allowed to lay around on the couches or anything.

Diamond has been sleeping on the trundle of her bunk bed. Silly of me to think that Ruby actually stays on her doggy bed throughout the night. Last night, after tucking Diamond in, I stand outside the door for a while. A couple minutes after they both probably think I am gone, I hear the "jingle jingle" of her collar and I knew she jumped onto the bed. I open the door and Diamond with a delayed reaction says, "Ruby, go to your bed."

Uh-huh... sure Diamond...

The obedient little dog immediately jumps off and onto her bed. For the longest time, Dime couldn't wait for Ruby to start sleeping in her room because she knew she woud be able to cuddle with the dog. I checked on them again and there they were... sleeping together... it was too cute to interrupt. Oh well...

No wonder she gets bathed weekly. (Oh, and I mean Ruby, not Diamond.)

3 comments:

mari said...

Haha...I snuggled in bed with my dog when I was a kid. I guess they're like warm, soft security blankets.

Meems said...

You just feel so safe with a cuddly dog around.

Bethany Hernandez said...

we have about 200 stories like this of roddick! there's just something about cuddling with your puppy!