CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Before she does...

Tonight Diamond had her first night of helping out as a techie for the upcoming Willy Wonka production. She has been looking forward to this all school year and after reading the techie schedule, I'm a little relieved she is not in the cast. She will be spending 3 hours for 3 nights this week and then it will go to 4 hours next week. Then on top of that, they have weekend practices scheduled. With the busy holiday schedule, like parties and more practices, I don't even know how these kids will have time for homework. But I have warned my child and she knows that if she doesn't get her homework done before practice, she will not be allowed to participate in the play. Mean mommy, I know...

So anyway... while she was practicing away at the play, I go to spend some time with my good friend, Bethany. I haven't seen her in a while so we had some stuff to catch up on. Since she spends Tuesdays watching basketball, we decided to do that. I love basketball and honestly, it's one sport I enjoy watching. Although I may not know the names of things, I understand the primary purpose of the game. I have been to a sports event with Beth before, but I have never been to one where her family member is playing. Sitting next to her made the game even more exciting for me and I actually wanted to stay til the end to finish it. She did some yelling, some cheering, and some encouraging. It was fun. She even bought me and her brother some yummy Chick-fil-a. I'm so blessed with such a good friend.

Oh... and note to self for the next time I watch a game with her... Do not talk to her. She will repsond with very little reaction no matter how big the news is. If only I could've had the moment on tape, huh, Beth?

And so on our way home, I picked up some dinner for Diamond and guess where we went... Chick-fil-a... I had to get a refill.

1 comment:

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'm so glad we got to hang out too! sorry i was such a bad friend during the game...and thanks for not giving details =)