CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Surprise from Santa and other adventures of the day

This morning when we came into work, we found a bag filled with goodies in our outgoing mail. It had a note that said "To: Accounting, From: Santa." We still have not figured out who this kind Santa is. When we opened the bag, it was like the kids inside of us came out. It was filled with coke bottles from the old fashioned days, play-dough, a slinky, a gooey slap hand, and a pop culture trivia game which my boss was kind enough to let us play a card with three questions every 30 minutes. So far, I am in the lead with correct answers. Then in the afternoon, during our afternoon break, we took our play-dough and made a Christmas themed sculpture, which was later judged by our auditor. Yes, today was a good day at work. Don't get me wrong, we did accomplish quite a bit of real work as well.

Then this evening, I went to my friends house for a little Christmas gathering. Her house is in a nice area and it made me smile just driving through the neighborhood. Beth and Kelli got me this really cool Victoria's Secret gift set with my favorite scents inside. Those girls are such good friends and quality time with them is something that can always make my day.

Then I had to rush home to get dinner because I was preparing a pot roast on the slow cooker all day. I guess they call it "slow" cooker for a reason because it took forever. It turned out juicy and delicous though with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy... Yummy!

Now, it's time to sit back, relax, and watch Horton Hears a Who with Diamond.

No comments: