CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

What a weekend!

This was a busy weekend that seemed to just fly by. Luckily, tomorrow I'm still off for my birthday. Thank you credit union management for that.

On Friday, the day started with a birthday breakfast at Kozy Kitchen with my co-workers. As our tradition, the birthday person gets to pick the location and breakfast is on our boss. Well, the funny thing is, my boss and I share the exact same birthday. We also picked the same location (we secretly put our choices in a bowl and made someone draw for it.) They gave the Gilmore Girls Season 7! I was so excited because this is all I need to complete my collection and they know how persistent I was during Christmas to buy other seasons I needed when they were on sale that weren't in stock. I visited Target everyday asking, "Do you have the Gilmore Girls?" and everyday, they would tell me no. If you've never eaten at Kozy Kitchen, I would definitely recommend it.
Then in the evening, we went to a friend's house and baked cakes for all of the mothers at their church. They had to do 90 cakes... and when I left, we were up to 70 something. That was a lot of baking. Well, Dorinda, who was going to graduate on Saturday, wanted to do something crazy before she officially had to become part of the real world. Me and some friends were giving her ideas like jumping in the lake with all of our clothes on, push each other in carts up and down the Wal-mart parking lot, and stuff like that. Dorinda's idea of crazy = Going to Sonic at 10:30 to drink slushes. Oh, what a crazy night!!! LoL!

Saturday, was our church's annual Mother Daughter Tea Party. I love going to this event. It's just so fun, and it's like playing tea with a bunch of adults. We had the most beautiful table decorations. The little snacks are yummy, my favorite being the cream puffs, and the hostesses of the tables do such a lovely job. It's just always a very enjoyable time.
Embarrassing moment of the day: During the prize drawing for a tea set, they yell out Pauline (or so I thought.) Everyone at my table and the surrounding tables were like, "Yay, Pauline." So here I am, surprised and happy that they chose me, walking up to the stage. And then I realized that they were drawing for the little girl prizes and knew my name was not in that basket. As I approach the stage, I realize in my head, "Oh no! They called Colleen!" So I walk back to my seat pretending that I was just trying to tell Diamond something.

1 comment:

marme said...

That is just too funny! That kinda embarrassing moment deserves a tea cup or something...

You faked it well, I didn't even notice!