CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweet Little Daisy

Every Wednesdays, I teach Daisies at church, which are girls in Kindergarten. This year, I only have one little girl, who faithfully comes every Wednesday. I am so proud of her because she stuck with it all year even though she may have been the only one there a majority of the time. I actually think she is on her way to being an Honor Daisy because you must earn 9 badges to receive this award, and she is already working on that. I'm really very excited for her.

Today was a very funny day. She did the sweetest thing for me. When we got to the classroom, she pointed out a dead cockroach laying there on the floor. For those of you who don't know, I hate bugs! I just left it there and I don't really think she wanted to touch it either. So, all night, every time I'd turn around, I'd shriek a little because even though I know it's there, it surprisingly shocks me every time. For snack, I decided we should go outside and sit on the sidewalk while eating our popsicles, hoping that upon our return, the bug would be gone. Well, dead bugs do not move on their own. So, I continued to do a little scream of "Aah!" and my little Daisy says, "I'll be right back." She comes back with a paper towel from the bathroom and I ask her what she's going to do with it and she says,

"I'm going to use this to cover up the bug so you won't have to see it anymore. I've been thinking about doing this all night."

It was absolutely sweet. Or maybe I finally annoyed her with my little scream. The bug was hidden under the paper towel when we left church. She had a very good idea. I completely forgot about the thing.

1 comment:

kelli said...

That is soo sweet!! I hate any type of bugs too:)