CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Relaxing in my Christmas presents

I just finished AND put away three loads of laundry. In between all this laundy, I also managed to iron mine and Diamond's clothes for the week. For any of you who know me well enough, this is a very rare thing for me. I hate ironing. I love clothes you can wash, throw in the dryer, and then come out wrinkle free. That's my kind of thing. But I realized how much better slacks, jeans, and even simple t-shirts look when ironed. I'm going to try to be consistent with this on a weekly basis.

I also managed to partially reorganize Diamond's closet by making it like mine and dividing her clothes by type, color, and sleeve length. Sounds like I had a lot of time on my hands today, huh? But our main purpose for this was to sort out clothes that are much too small for her. This child grew a lot in the past year so she has about 3 large boxes full of undersized clothing. We actually even found something which was a size 6X. Now, fitting into clothes in almost the smallest junior sizes, I have a huge pile of baby hangers on the floor and I think I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow. I can only trip over those hangers so many more times before they become a true hazard.

So why the title of the blog with the Christmas presents? My parents got me some new high thread count sheets with a down comforter and I'm snuggled in with my laptop writing this blog during this soon to be cold night. It feels so nice! The sheets and comforter are so soft that I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get out of them in the morning!

No comments: