CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Unordinary day in January

I don't know about you, but January weather is not supposed to be almost 80 degrees. I want to wear my jacket or all the sweaters I bought for the winter season. I've only worn a winter coat maybe twice this season.

So to take advantage of the beautiful day, my family decided to take us to the zoo in Abilene. It's a small place, but it's good enough for a day trip. The weather was perfect and the animals were somewhat active. I think we enjoyed the feeding of the gigantic fish in their little lake over there. The fish had mouths the size of your fist it seemed and they all fought over those silly rye crackers.

After the zoo, we had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel. Delicious! I always enjoy going into those restuarants because you can look around in their little shop filled with cute knick knacks. I wish we would have one of those here, but since we don't have a major highway coming through here, it probably won't be likely.

Then we decided to head over to Kohl's. I absolutely love that store! I finally got to return the pair of shoes I bought Diamond that were both left feet. Unfortunately, someone must've bought the two right feet because we couldn't find those either. The shoe department was probably my biggest disappointment though. Shoes were all over the place, out of boxes, sizes not matching, and just a big mess. Maybe the two right pairs were there, we just couldn't find them in all the clutter. So anyway, Diamond and I came out of there each with 5 pieces of clothing and a pair of shoes for under $60, including tax! I must say we did pretty good. I enjoy shopping with her now. She doesn't get bored and she's old enough to tell me the truth about what looks nice and what doesn't.

We had a nice little day away from home. Even though I like the winter weather, I really do prefer perfect weather days like today, especially when you get to be outside to enjoy them. But Monday it's back to school and we must get back to routine.

2 comments:

Bethany Hernandez said...

awwww....i'm so jealous! i love kohls. glad ya'll had fun!

Meems said...

Cracker Barrel sounds so great, too bad we can't have one.

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time.