CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

And the week comes to an end...

I'm back. I went on vacation and now I'm back. It seems like time flew by so fast and there wasn't enough day to do everything. It was absolutely fun. What really puts a smile on my face is seeing my baby excited about the things we do. If only everyday was a fun day... and on top of all of that, the weather was absolutely perfect. It wasn't blazing hot like a typical August day in Texas. It was cloudy with a little wind. Thank you God for good weather! We started off at the Ft. Worth zoo. Thanks to everyone who recommended it. It was definitely a blast and I loved the many shady spots and air conditioned attractions.



Then we stayed in a hotel which was walking distance from Six Flags and of course we had to do that. We walked over thinking that it opened at 10, but ended up waiting for an hour because they really didn't open until 11! This is Diamond's first year to be tall enough to ride roller coasters so I thought it would be fun to go. She refused to ride on the really big coasters like the Texas Giant or the Titan, and I don't blame her. But she also didn't want to ride anything that turned her upside down. I didn't want to force her either. I asked her a few times and asked her if she was sure that she didn't want to and her answer was... "Yes mom, I'm sure. God said no." Well how do you argue with that comment... =)

And finally our trip ended with a trip to some Dallas museums. There was a total of 8 museums located in Fair Park and we tried to visit as many as we could, but our feet were already pretty exhausted from 3 days of walking around. My favorite of all of the ones we visited is the museum of Nature and Science. There was a variety of fun things to do there for adults and kids.





Silly me, I forgot to pack tennis shoes, so I had to do all this trekking in my lovely Old Navy flip flops. They did the job, but I'm sure my feet wouldn't hurt so much if I had planned with the right shoes... Sometimes on trips, we remember everything else, but the most important things. It was fun. The family had a blast, but nothing beats being able to sleep and relax in your own house.

2 comments:

Rebekah Collette said...

aww you guys look like you had a blast. We should all go to Dallas some time it sure would be fun.

Meems said...

Awesome pics. I've heard great things about this zoo. I can't wait to take the kids.