CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Second grade

Today was "Meet the Teacher" day at my baby's school... My baby... now in SECOND GRADE!!! Boy does time fly by so fast. It seems like just yesterday, I was walking her to her preschool class with tears in my eyes because she was growing right before my very eyes... and now she's in SECOND GRADE!

Actually, it seems like just yesterday, I was in second grade. Second grade was definitely a year to remember for me. Being a military brat all my life, I went to three different schools in second grade and one of them happened to be right here in San Angelo. Funny where the military takes you at times... The funniest part is my dad volunteered and sacrificed a year away from the family at a horrible base in Korea so we could be assigned somewhere other than here the first time around... and here we are, back in San Angelo. The military must have thought they were being funny when they handed my dad the papers for his last duty station before retiring. We seriously thought it was a joke. But I don't regret it one bit. This city has grown on me for sure. And this is the place I fell in love with Jesus the way I should have been all of my life. The amazing part is that my dad felt the disappointment within the family that he wanted to find a way to change the assignment. The only other option was Keesler AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi and he tried very hard to arrange that for us. But God is great because if we had been stationed there like we very much wanted to, we would have experienced the disasters of Hurricane Katrina. This is just one of the few ways God has revealed to me that He knows what he is doing and has reasons for everything He does.

But now, it is my baby's turn to start her second grade year here in San Angelo! She is so excited! She was assigned to the teacher she really wanted and she gets to sit right next to her best friend. I just can't believe summer has already come and gone.

No comments: